Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Opinion: They Have us by the Balls

Question: Why are drug-dealers assholes?
Answer: Because they can be.

----

I love WoW. I dreamt last night of waking up today and having Khiv's bear tank Zul'Farrak.

It didn't happen. Instead I've installed Windows and Warhammer Online and have begun playing my new game.

My two monthly subscriptions have been cancelled. It's extremely likely that I'll resume WoW in the future, but for now I'm offended, personally hurt, at the level of service Activision-Blizzard has provided me over the past month.

Is this QQ? Yes. But it's not about money. It's not even about time. Ask yourself, at what point does the technical quality of Warcraft become so poor that you stop playing? World of Warcraft could be completely free and at this point I still would not tolerate the level of service we've experienced over the past month.

----

Also, it's humorous to see the wide variety of extremely specific reasons you can give to cancel a subscription on the account manager's "Why are you canceling?" page.

1 comment:

Chu said...

After working in IT for several years, these kinds of things don't phase me anymore. It happens, and it DOES suck, but I see it as a time to go do something else for a little bit. Getting angry over a service provider doesn't ever work out in your favor as all providers have their issues from time to time. Besides, Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering and we all know where suffering leads to...